May 2 (GMM) Bernie Ecclestone has suggested the uncertainty over the future of Monza's F1 race could continue to drag.
Reports suggested political and bureaucratic progress was made in the last couple of weeks over the expiring Italian grand prix deal, but F1 supremo Ecclestone is not as optimistic."This year the race is (happening) for sure but for the next few years I don't know," the 85-year-old was quoted by Italy's La Gazzetta dello Sport at Sochi."We have talked about it but they are Italian, so we will probably know something on the Thursday before the race," he joked.Ecclestone said he is more optimistic about the rest of the 2016 season, even though he caused a stir early this year by saying he wouldn't bother buying tickets."I am satisfied and I think it's much better than last year," said the Briton. "More interesting."Now we have Hamilton and Vettel in the role of chasers. Ferrari? There are still a lot of races, so I think we need to wait before we judge them," Ecclestone added.
comments powered by Disqus
If you are using Internet Explorer, make sure you set your document mode to IE 8 (Alt+8) or via F12 to see and add comments