May 21 (GMM) Nico Rosberg furrowed his brow on Wednesday when told about teammate Lewis Hamilton's Monaco strategy.
A year ago in the Principality, Hamilton accused his silver stablemate of deliberately ruining a qualifying lap and therefore the Briton's shot at pole.This time, Hamilton has reportedly declared that the decision has been made and sanctioned for him to run first in 'Q3' on Saturday."I do have the choice this year which is good," the world champion confirmed on Wednesday."I'm confident that last year's episode will not re-occur and so I don't feel pressured either way," Hamilton added.But when told that Hamilton is in charge of the qualifying strategy, Rosberg furrowed his brow: "Really?"That's interesting," the German is quoted by Speed Week. "In light of what happened last year, I can understand the decision."But can Rosberg also understand Mercedes' decision to reportedly pay Hamilton a figure for 2016 and beyond that dwarfs his own annual retainer?"I'm very happy with my contract," he insisted."I have read the numbers that are in the media, but from personal experience I know that those numbers are very often far from the reality."Rosberg says he is also confident that, in light of Hamilton's huge new deal, he will not now be slipped into 'number 2' status."The team will always treat us equally," he said. "Otherwise it wouldn't work. The team works very hard that we always get the same opportunities."Rosberg has won the last two Monaco grands prix.
comments powered by Disqus
If you are using Internet Explorer, make sure you set your document mode to IE 8 (Alt+8) or via F12 to see and add comments