May 16 (GMM) Helmut Marko has played down Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo's threat that formula one could be headed for a split from owners CVC.
Montezemolo told CNN last week that at the end of 2012 and the current Concorde Agreement CVC "doesn't own anything" and therefore creating a different world championship is a real option for the teams.Red Bull's motor racing consultant Marko however admitted that the dispute is fundamentally about the distribution of revenue for the next Concorde."A suitable compromise can hopefully be found," he told German website motorsport-magazin.com at the opening of the Red Bull Ring."Ferrari are the best-known team and have been in F1 the longest -- but being Italian, they tend to express things more emotionally than others. In my opinion, the situation is nowhere near as bad as it looks," said Marko.New York Times correspondent Brad Spurgeon said the latest breakaway talk is "exasperating for the fans" coming so soon after the last political dispute with the FIA.A potential hurdle for proposed buyer News Corp is the law, with prominent competition lawyer Paul Stone reportedly concerned that Rupert Murdoch's presence would be unfair for bidding television broadcasters.He is quoted by Germany's Speed Week as saying a News takeover "would raise concerns".