Sep.14 (GMM) Toro Rosso is back in action this week as the Italian team bids to get its blown exhaust and F-duct up and running as soon as possible.
At Monza on Friday morning, six grands prix from the end of the 2010 season, the Faenza based squad became the last of the established teams to run the technical innovations."We are just beginning to test it and it still requires a lot of work," said Sebastien Buemi, who debuted the new parts during a straight line test at Vairano last week.The Swiss said the F-duct was taken off the STR5 "after a few laps" at Monza. "It was never our intention to run it for the (whole) weekend," confirmed chief engineer Laurent Mekies.It now emerges that the F-duct will make another appearance at Vairano this Thursday, this time in the hands of Buemi's teammate Jaime Alguersuari."Maybe we can have it on the car for Singapore," said Buemi."If we continue like this I hope to be able to fight fair and square with the Williams and Mercedes in the final races," he added.