Nov.4 (GMM) Adrian Sutil on Thursday confirmed reports he looks set to stay another season with Force India in 2011.
The German had flirted with moves to Renault or Williams but admitted at Interlagos that he is now leaning towards signing a new deal with his long-time employer."The tendency is to (stay at) Force India," Sutil is quoted by Auto Motor und Sport."We are currently in close talks. I am definitely ready to stay here for another year. The trend is with this team, but it's not signed yet," he added.Sutil said it will take at least another two weeks before the deal is sealed."The final decision won't be made until after the season unfortunately," he revealed. "I would have wanted it sooner, but it didn't happen."The news is a blow for Nick Heidfeld, who had hoped to move to Force India. The Silverstone based team already has a contract for 2011 with Vitantonio Liuzzi."If Sutil is staying there, probably I have no chance with Force India," confirmed Heidfeld, who is being replaced at Sauber by the Telmex-backed rookie Sergio Perez.There might be a vacancy at Renault, but the Enstone based team is thought likely to re-sign its well-funded Vitaly Petrov.Meanwhile, Nico Hulkenberg's place at Williams is under threat by the Venezuelan Pastor Maldonado, who is backed by state petroleum company PDVSA.Sir Frank Williams last week spoke highly of Hulkenberg, but the young German pointed out that "with praise I can buy nothing"."Williams have told me that there is still a chance (of staying in 2011)," added Hulkenberg.He is disappointed at the thought of being ousted by his GP2 teammate of 2009."In qualifying, I beat him I think 10-0," noted Hulkenberg.