Mar.1 (GMM) Red Bull mogul Dietrich Mateschitz on Monday played down rumours Kimi Raikkonen could return to F1 with the brand's premier team next year.
After ending his contract with Ferrari last year, 2007 world champion Raikkonen elected to switch to the world rally championship with Citroen, but is now sponsored and paid by Red Bull.It sparked reports that the Finn could be drafted in to become Sebastian Vettel's teammate in 2011."This is pure speculation, nothing more," Mateschitz, the owner of both Red Bull Racing and Toro Rosso, told the Austrian newspaper Salzburger Nachrichten."We do not know what Kimi wants and will do in a year. We have a close relationship and this opens up speculation," the Austrian billionaire, who is 65, said."But to say that Raikkonen drives in F1 for us in 2011 is dishonest."The reports have suggested that, should 18-GP winner Raikkonen return to F1 with Red Bull, it would be the Australian Webber - who is out of contract at the end of this year - who would make way.Mateschitz said: "If Webber is fast and sufficiently motivated, we cannot thank him for top performance by giving Raikkonen his cockpit."