Jul.20 (GMM) The extension of Rubens Barrichello's contract is just a formality, officials for the British team Williams have revealed.
The 38-year-old Brazilian will notch up a monumental 300th grand prix later in 2010, but the longevity of his record-setting career looks set to extend to a nineteenth season next year.Barrichello, who revealed at Silverstone that he does not yet have a deal for next season, said he is not in talks with rival teams because leaving Williams "would be exactly the wrong thing".Sir Frank Williams told Germany's Auto Motor und Sport: "Assume that Rubens is staying with us."And technical director Sam Michael added: "The extension should be as much a formality for Rubens as is his daily breakfast."He has demonstrated the importance in this business of experience."It is almost certain that rookie Nico Hulkenberg is also staying at Williams, even though the reigning GP2 champion has struggled to match Barrichello's performances.However, Barrichello has only praise for his rookie teammate."90 per cent of the time we feel the same thing about the car. And the other 10 per cent I can learn something from Nico," said the winner of 11 grands prix.