Oct.3 (GMM) Jean Todt on Saturday said he approved of Ferrari's decision to sign Fernando Alonso for the 2010 season and beyond.
When he was still in charge at the Maranello team two years ago, he said he would not contemplate working with the Spaniard.It is believed Todt's rift with Alonso dates back to much earlier this decade, when a then young Alonso turned down Ferrari's offer of a driver development programme in order to work instead with Flavio Briatore."I am not here speaking for Ferrari," the FIA presidential candidate said on a visit to the Catalunya rally, according to Europa Press."It is a team that I left and no longer have any involvement with. I think they have made the right decision; Alonso is a great driver and I wish the best things for him as much I do for Massa."