Oct.17 (GMM) Jenson Button at Interlagos revealed he is holding off talks with Brawn about his 2010 contract until after the championship contest is over.
The Briton, who qualified an awful 14th in qualifying making it likely the battle for the drivers' crown will go down to the wire in Abu Dhabi, is said likely to be joined at the Brackley based team next year by Nico Rosberg.But his manager Richard Goddard is pushing for the retainer, slashed amid the management buyout last winter, to be pumped back up for 2010, and so far it is suggested the team bosses are holding out."We are going to save it until after the end of the season," 29-year-old Button is quoted as saying by the Daily Mail newspaper."That's the best thing. They have given me a lot, but I've given a lot back as well," said the championship leader, with the constructors' title likely to be sealed in Brawn's favour on Sunday."This is where I would want to be in the future but I am not going to talk about that until after the end of the season," he insisted.