Nov.4 (GMM) Toyota's decision to quit formula one immediately will be made public at 5pm Tokyo time (8am GMT).
2009 team driver Timo Glock is tipped to jump ship to be Robert Kubica's teammate at Renault next year, and his manager Hans Bernd Kamps said he did not know if the rumours about Toyota's exit are true.But he told Bild newspaper: "It wouldn't surprise me."It is believed the decision to withdraw was taken some time ago rather than spontaneously, and was rubber-stamped at a board meeting in Japan earlier on Wednesday.Talks with an Asian buyer of the Cologne based outfit may already be taking place.F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone told the Daily Telegraph that Toyota's decision to withdraw would be a breach of the 2012 Concorde Agreement."It's signed by Toyota Motor Company so I very much doubt they would not go through with something they have already signed," he said. "They are not the sort of people to back out of a deal like that."Asked whether legal action would be likely, he answered: "I have no idea. It's not the sort of thing we do is it?"While yet another blow to F1, the news would be very good for BMW-Sauber, whose new owners Qadbak were waiting for a confirmed 2010 team to withdraw in order to gain entry to next year's grid."Another team pulling out is the easiest way (to be in F1) from our perspective," team boss Mario Theissen said in Abu Dhabi last weekend.