Aug.3 (GMM) Quotes attributed to Felipe Massa by a British tabloid newspaper at the weekend were bogus, the Brazilian's team Ferrari has confirmed.
The News of the World, most notorious in formula one for the sex expose about Max Mosley last year, quoted the 28-year-old as having seemingly given his first media interview since crashing in Hungary and recovering in a Budapest hospital.However, Ferrari made clear on Sunday that Massa's first interview was in fact given exclusively to its official website, to be published on Monday as he returns home to Brazil."The statements printed today in the English press were not his but (his brother) Eduardo's," the Italian team clarified.Massa, who indeed checked out of the AEK hospital on Monday morning, made a brief press statement."Thank god, I'm feeling very well," said the Brazilian. "I've only a bit of swelling in the region of my left eye."It is important to be fully recovered before returning to the track."His personal doctor, who with Massa's wife accompanied the Ferrari driver on the private plane back to Sao Paulo, echoed the view that the recovery process will not now be rushed."There's no hurry to bring him back to drive," Dr Dino Altman said. "The most important (thing) is to have him fully recovered, in a safe situation."